We teach workshops at libraries, camps, schools, museums and out in the public. In workshops, like classes learning happens, but they simply are a one session class and a good opportunity to meet people.
Here are our upcoming workshop offerings and discover past workshops. We would love to hear about your interest!
Given to health crisis, no workshops are currently offered in person, however, Zoom workshops and social distanced workshops are available upon request.
Private lessons available. We hope you can make it to our fun workshops!
Workshop Offering Details
As an origami professional from Maynard, MA, that has focused on origami art spanning multiple media since 2001, I am interested in teaching an origami workshop at your site. I have taught 100+ origami workshops for all ages at schools, libraries, museums and camps. Regularly, I teach art in an elementary school’s extended day program. Please inquire.
Teaching Option Details
- Origami Fun: Experiment with paper with the technique of paperfolding called origami. Learn some tricks and techniques while you fold your own unique origami. Come and have fun!
- Peace Crane Origami: Hear the peace crane tale, and then fold with paper, plastic and metal.
- Summer Origami: Plant some seeded paper in an origami container to will make. Fold designs like flowers and birds to decorate your plant box.
- Musical Origami: You will hear a song about a green origami goldfish, then fold 3 mini-books that tell all about it, fold the goldfish and even fold a piano.
- Fall Origami: Fold leafs, pumpkins, torches, ghosts, bats, turkeys and more.
- Winter Origami: Fold your ornate snowflakes, icicles, candles and more.
- Valentine’s Origami: Fold various heart designs and make an envelope to gift them in.
- Judaic: We will learn the origami Torah, fold a fortune telling where we can write Jewish sayings, and fold the Star of David which could be the centerpiece to Jewish cards you can decorate. Holiday themes available. I will showcase the meaningful Remembrance Crane, the Dove of Peace greeting cards and dreidel earrings. The subjects are the initial ideas; other requests welcome.
Visual Workshop Highlights
Teaching Request Information
- Teacher provides: Diagrams packets for attendees, folding tools, origami paper.
- Sight provides: Tables and seats. It works best when tables are put in a “U” shape, so everyone can see and learn.
- Class accommodates: 15 patrons, $5 more per additional patron per hour.
- Compensation: $100 per hour. Additional travel compensation is appreciated.
- Travel stipend: 1-hour commute is $25
- Multiple sessions would be at a lower cost, but more frequent.
Teaching references are available upon request
Totaling 100+ presentations, here is our full workshop legacy .