We teach workshops at libraries, camps, schools, museums and out in the public. Workshops are similar to classes, but they simply are a one session opportunity to learn a skill and to meet people.
Please discover and register for virtual origami inspired art workshops! View options for children 3-18 years at outschool.com. You may request a workshop privately, available for any age. We hope you can make it to our fun workshops!
No workshops are currently offered in person, given to health crisis. However, zoom workshops and social distanced workshops are available upon request.
Workshop Offering Details
As an origami professional from Maynard, MA, that has focused on origami art spanning multiple media since 2001, I am interested in teaching an origami workshop at your site. I have taught 100+ origami workshops for all ages at schools, libraries, museums and camps. Regularly, I teach art in an elementary school’s extended day program. Please inquire.
Teaching Option Details
- Origami Fun: Experiment with paper with the technique of paperfolding called origami. Learn some tricks and techniques while you fold your own unique origami. Come and have fun!
- Peace Crane Origami: Hear the peace crane tale, and then fold with paper, plastic and metal.
- Summer Origami: Plant some seeded paper in an origami container to will make. Fold designs like flowers and birds to decorate your plant box.
- Musical Origami: You will hear a song about a green origami goldfish, then fold 3 mini-books that tell all about it, fold the goldfish and even fold a piano.
- Fall Origami: Fold leaves, pumpkins, torches, ghosts, bats, turkeys and more.
- Winter Origami: Fold your ornate snowflakes, icicles, candles and more.
- Valentine’s Origami: Fold various heart designs and make an envelope to gift them in.
- Judaic: We will learn the origami Torah, fold a fortune telling where we can write Jewish sayings, and fold the Star of David which could be the centerpiece to Jewish cards you can decorate. Holiday themes available. I will showcase the meaningful Remembrance Crane, the Dove of Peace greeting cards and dreidel earrings. The subjects are the initial ideas; other requests welcome.
- Origami Portfolio: What makes a good portfolio? Begin by viewing samples of the making, selling, teaching, and showcasing of origami at www.OrigamiPlace.com. You can apply to showcase your work at www.OrigamiMuseum.org. Learn some basic principles from planning, photography, sales, resources and more. We welcome Q&A.
Visual Workshop Highlights
Teaching Request Information
- Teacher provides: Diagrams packets for attendees, folding tools, origami paper.
- Sight provides: Tables and seats. It works best when tables are put in a “U” shape, so everyone can see and learn.
- Class accommodates: 15 patrons, $5 more per additional patron per hour.
- Compensation: $100 per hour. Additional travel compensation is appreciated.
- Travel stipend: 1-hour commute is $25
- Multiple sessions would be at a lower cost, but more frequent.
Teaching references are available upon request
Totaling 100+ past presentations, view or full workshops legacy.